18 September 2009

˙˙˙ƃuoɹʍ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ƃuıop ɯ,ı ʞuıɥʇ ı

Funny, I was going to mention something about Twitter in my last blog but I got distracted. Maybe I'll do it in the near future. It has to do with what the professionals in the industry are thinking, and why they have it all wrong.

I recently asked a friend who is deeply involved in the "social media" industry. He said that my opinion was right, but not popular, because the gurus are all trying to make money. I can't say his name because I haven't gotten permission yet, but he said most people sign up for Twitter for six months and then lose interest. I told him it was because they had passed their fifteenth birthdays.

But I'll talk about that in the future.

I mean, Twitter claims to have 20 million users. (More like 20 million LOSERS if you ask me.) That seems like a lot. Too bad most of them have already reached the legal age to buy cigarettes, so they aren't actually doing anything any more. But let's get a sense of proportion. SpaceBook.com and MyFace.com (you know who I'm talking about) have 320 million and 500 million users respectively. And from the invites I get, all of them seem to be active, or at least the incredibly lonely ones I knew in high school.

Never mind that. I'll save all of that for a future post. In the meantime I want to chat up this clever little site called http://www.flipmytext.com/ . It uses one of the hidden wonders of the standard fonts to turn one's text upside down. Isn't it marvelous? ¡sı ʇı 'sǝʎ 'ʎɥʍ

Not like Twitter, which is going to be on a shelf in two years next to pet rocks, Lizzy McGuire dolls, Furbys and expensive coats with anarchist symbols on them.

˙ןןop ǝɹınƃɔɯ ǝızzıן ʎɯ ssıɯ ןןıʇs ı 'ʎןןɐnʇɔɐ

No comments:

Post a Comment