16 September 2009

I Stepped in Some Twitter

I have no idea how it happened. One minute I'm a completely comfortable Luddite, hooking my clothe buttons and shaving with a sharp rock, and the next I'm addicted to my iPod Touch. An hour doesn't go by that I'm not checking on my iMafia members, scanning the walls of my SpaceBook friends and announcing to my Yammer mates that my jock itch has returned.

I think the turning point was when I bought that Commodore 64. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box expecting a new porcelain urinal and finding a "real computer keyboard." The moment I wired it up to my black and white television and turned on the 300 baud acoustic modem, I was in another world.

But that was three years ago. A lot has happened since then.

Now I'm considered something of an expert in the new technologies. I work for this big electronic design and graphics company and I receive hundreds of emails a day. Most try to sell me cheap watches and enhance my manhood, but occasionally someone actually wants my opinon. This blog will be my musings on the interface between silicon and soul, man and machina, GUI and ganglia.

Enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment